The United Nations Global Compact (the "UNGC") maintains this web site and other associated UNGC hub web sites (collectively, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through the web sites, the "Sites") as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Sites ("Users"), whether as a guest or a registered User. The information presented in the Sites is for informative purposes only. The UNGC grants permission to Users to visit the Sites and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Sites for the User's personal, non-commercial use only, without any right to modify, resell, redistribute or publicly perform them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Material within the Sites now or in the future. In no event may the Users delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of Materials.
Specifically, the User agrees not to use the Sites:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the UNGC or any of its affiliates, employees, another User or any other person or entity; and/or
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Sites, or which, as determined by us, may harm the UNGC or its affiliates or other Users of the Sites or expose them to liability.
Additionally, the User agrees not to:
- Use the Sites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Sites or interfere with any other party's use of the Sites, including such party's ability to engage in real time activities through the Sites;
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Sites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the Material on the Sites;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the Material on the Sites or for any other unauthorized purpose without the UNGC's prior written consent;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of any of the Sites;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of any of the Sites, the servers on which the Sites are stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Sites;
- Attack any of the Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; and/or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of any of the Sites.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on the Sites are those of the various UNGC staff members, consultants and advisers to the UNGC who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the UNGC, the United Nations or its Member States.
Materials provided on the Sites are provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The UNGC and its affiliates specifically do not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. The UNGC periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Materials on the Sites without notice. Under no circumstances shall the UNGC or any of its affiliates be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of the Sites, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of the Sites is at the User's sole risk. Under no circumstances whatsoever, including, without limitation, in the case of negligence, shall the UNGC or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the UNGC or its affiliates has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the United Nations is not liable for any conduct of any User.
The Sites may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. The UNGC and its affiliates do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of the Sites or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User's own risk. Neither the UNGC nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
The Sites may contain links and references to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the UNGC or its affiliates, and niter the UNGC nor its affiliates are responsible for the content of any linked sites or any link contained in a linked site. The UNGC provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked Sites by the UNGC or its affiliates.
If the Sites contain bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Forums"), the User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Forum, he or she shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; and/or
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another User of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
The User acknowledges that all Forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by the UNGC or its affiliates, and that such communications shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by the UNGC or its affiliates. The UNGC reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the Forums received from Users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
Preservation of Immunities
Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
Intellectual Property Rights
Each of the Sites and their entire contents, features and functionality (including, without limitation, to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the UNGC, its affiliates, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Any use of the names, emblems or official seals of the UNGC or its affiliates is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of the UNGC or its affiliates, as applicable. In no event will consent be granted for commercial purposes.
The UNGC reserves the exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue any of the Sites or any Materials in any respect without notice. The UNGC shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith. The UNGC will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of any of the Sites is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, the UNGC may restrict access to some parts of any of the Sites, or one or more of any of the Sites in their entirety, to Users, including registered Users.
The UNGC may update the content on the Sites from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the Material on the Sites may be out of date at any given time, and the UNGC is under no obligation to update such Material.
The UNGC reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to the Sites or any portion thereof without notice.