Since last one and half decades, UDYAMA has demonstrated few evidence based initiatives working directly with community and engaging partner NGOs in coastal, tribal areas and carved out good learning on community resilience process and environmental richness. Learning–Linking- Livelihoods is the core areas of UDYAMA that has scaled and replicated in coastal, rural and tribal hinter lands.
Founded in 1997, UDYAMA primarily aims towards strengthening and building capacities of local communities with a view to changing a culture of self-reliance harnessing resource base, blending with local-resource and improved technology transformation with well articulated development communication.
We are focusing following activities:
• Community Livelihoods Resilience at Coastal, Rural and Tribal Hilly Regions
• Model building on Sustainable Agriculture ,biodiversity conservation, and ecological capital .
• Micro-Water, Land & common resource management, rejuvenation & stabilization
• House-Hold Nutrition, Sanitation, Hygiene, Focusing women & children
• Life Skill Development , income diversification And alternate livelihoods of ultra poor
• Advocacy towards City Resilient program ,Green Energy, Gearing Greening
• Minimizing Adverse impact of Distress Migration at source & destination
• Citizen Action & Institution building, on climate Justice involving & multi-stakeholders
• Low carbon, Green Energy, Environmental Education & Gearing Greening
• Networking towards mainstreaming DRR & climate Justice
• Result Based Management Training ,Study & adaptive action research
Udyama attempts consistently to stem the rot and build back the societal networks that can rejuvenate the resource base. Searching alternative process to live with dignity and deal the Next Development Challenges for a lasting solution to disaster resilient development & ecological Sustainability.
With our steady and sustained effort on disaster resilient development process, UDYAMA has bagged UN-ECOSOC status, Accredited to UN-Global compact, UN-CONGO, UNISDRR,UNEP-SCP engine, UNCCD, UNFCCC,GFDRR and Global Water Partnership and members in stakeholders’ forum, City-Net, National Institute of Open Learning for Vocational Training , India Gateway, Government of India (NPO) , Water Climate Coalition, Global Network for Disaster Risk Reduction and WSP,WSSCC, End Water Poverty Campaign SusanA,and SAMHITA, CDRN, AADRR, SPHERE-India
Projects on the HubProjects in Primary Basins appear in Blue.
NGO / Civil Society
Organization and Related Project Locations & Interests
Entered by Hub User
Entered by Hub User
|Location||City, Country & Regions||Interests|