Asociación del Riego Sostenible - The Sustainable Irrigation Association
Within the overall goal of promoting sustainability in the use of scarce resources such as water, energy and soil, the Sustainable Irrigation Association has the following specific purposes:
- To disseminate science, technology and irrigation techniques and terminology.
- To promote the permanence and profitability of agricultural production through irrigation, avoiding the alteration of the water cycle balance and soil degradation, while respecting the environment and its ecosystems.
- To promote a responsible quality of life in the population, fostering the efficient use of water in recreational and landscape irrigation uses.
- To promote energy conservation as it may be affected by the project, implementation, operation and efficient maintenance of irrigation systems.
- To facilitate communication and exchange of ideas and experiences between professionals and stakeholders involved in sustainable irrigation.
- Encourage discussions and draw conclusions about water management actuations so to mitigate drought, climate change, and desertification damages to the economy, to the environment, and to society in general.
- To help improving the coordination, the effectiveness and the shared use of resources between the different research, innovation, development and training institutions for an early achievement of the sustainability goal.
- To make a contribution towards a responsible and ethical behavior of irrigation professionals.
Global Action Areas of Interest
Projects on the HubProjects in Primary Basins appear in Blue.
Basins of InterestPrimary Regions appear in Blue.
This Organization has a Global Interest.
NGO / Civil Society